Sunday 7 September 2008

Ing and Infinitive verbs

I am writing to complain about the poor service that I received when I was in your store last week. recently you decided to remove (remove) listening facilities in your stores, and your staff encouraged customers to take (take) home their CDs without hearing (hear) them first. you invited us to return (return) any CDs that we did not like, as long as we kept the receipt as proof of purchase. In my opinion this was an exellent policy as it allowed customers to risk (risk) buying (buy) things that were a little different.

A consequence of your policy is that customers will buy more CDs, and this means returning (return) more that they dont like. In fact last week I braught back eight CDs, from the fourteen I had bought on the previous visit. Your salesman refused to accept (accept) such a large number, and accused me of taking (take) the CDs home just to copy (copy) them. I strongly object to be (be) treated like this.

No comments: