Sunday 7 September 2008

Verb patterns exercises

Exercise 1: Complete with the verb in the correct form

1- I'm sorry I forgot to respond to your email.

2- I tried to get to the computer shop before it closed.

3- I'll never forgot attending the seattle protests in 1999.

4- I wrote this over the summer but forgot to post it on my blog.

5- I remember hearing something about how popular the movie Titanic was in China.

6- I stopped putting my video clips on Youtube because my friends teased me.

7- She remembered to bring her video camera to the edding, so we've got a great film of it.

Exercise 2: inderline the correct form

1- I'm sorry I forgot to call/calling you, but Iwas reallu busy

2- I stopped in Paris for a few days to meet/meeting Henri

3- We' ve stpped to meet/meeting so often. It was a wate of time

4- Learning a language mean to be /being intersted in the culture as well

5- I meant to make / making some more photocopies, but i didn't have time

6- Itried to open/ opening the window, but it too high to reach

7- I tried to open / opening the window, but it was still too hot in the room

8- I'll never forget to give/ giving my first presentation to the board

9- Don't forget to look/ looking at the audience when you speak

10- we regret to announce/ announcing the death of our founder, Mr Obuchi

11- I regret to quit/ quiting my MBA course

1 comment:

EA Gamini Fonseka said...

I really appreciate the work you have done. Coming from a country that has been affected by the world's most ruthless type of terrorism (LTTE), I find it difficult to access good material to teach my students. In fact your exercises are really benefited by people like us. I wish you good luck in your good work, Nadia. With best wishes, Gamini